Palo Alto, CA – July 21, 2022 – Woodside Capital Partners (WCP) is pleased to share our overview of M&A market trends and dynamics in this edition of our newsletter. Some key points include:
- Megadeals are driving 2022 tech M&A, with M&A tally somewhat surprisingly on track to match or exceed 2021’s record pace.
- Key deal announcements: Microsoft’s $74B acquisition of Activision Blizzard (01/18/22), Broadcom’s $61B acquisition of VMWare (05/26/22); Elon Musk’s $44B acquisition of Twitter (04/25/22)
- Eight tech and telecom deals eclipsed the $10B benchmark; nearly eclipsing the 12 deals that crested $10B in 2021
- Deal volume overall is also higher versus 2021, with 3,506 total tech M&A transactions occurring in the first half of this year
- Despite inflation and higher interest rates, strategic and financial acquisition is being driven by $1 trillion on investors’ balance sheets, and by strong underlying business growth that is prompting CEOs to continue to invest for growth.
- And more
You can read the full newsletter here.