Airport Use Cases
The Future of 3D Sensing
Balancing Software Vs Engineering Services
Finding The Right Leads
Finding The Right Partners
On Raising A Round
Working With WCP
Managing Director Jon Shalowitz Interviews Helpshift CEO Eric Vermillion On Their Acquisition by Keywords
Managing Director Jon Shalowitz spoke with Helpshift CEO Eric Vermillion and touched on:
- their experience working with Woodside Capital Partners through the M&A process.
- how Helpshift fits within Keywords’ business.
- lessons learned and advice to CEOs undergoing a similar process.
- thoughts on how Helpshift customer support and engagement might evolve, especially given emerging technologies.
Rudy Burger at the 2022 Embedded Vision Summit – Big Trends in Computer Vision for 2022
Managing Partner Rudy Burger spoke at the 2022 Embedded Vision Summit and presented Big Trends in Computer Vision for 2022: Health and Safety, Retail and Consumer Electronics.
Andrew Bright interviewed on McRock Capital Live: The Connected Worker
Since their inception in 2012, McRock has been widely recognized as the first investment firm focused exclusively on the Industrial IoT. The firm targets large industrial and internet markets and the intersection of sensors and software in large industrial markets and seeks companies involved in innovative software, hardware, and device integrated solutions.
Andrew Bright speaks at Horasis Global Meeting 2021
Our very own Andrew Bright spoke at Horasis 2021.
Horasis is an independent, international think tank headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Founded in 2005, by Frank-Jürgen Richter, former director of the World Economic Forum, Horasis is dedicated to the innovation and development of sustainable emerging markets.
The Rush for Clean Energy in Asia – Panel Session
The Role of Private Equity in the Energy Sector – Panel Session
George Jones on Falkonry Panel: VC Perspective on Industrial AI – Operational AI Exchange 2021
WCP Executive Director George Jones joins a live panel discussion hosted by Falkonry, a company in the AI space that enables plant operators to make smarter operational decisions by applying AI and acting on events that adversely impact operations. By analyzing process and operational data, Falkonry’s patented AI creates significant improvement in production uptime, quality, and yield.
This event was Falkonry’s Operational AI Exchange 2021:
How do venture capitalists look at AI Tech companies? An insightful conversation between the silicon valley VCs on new technology, products, and approaches, opportunities AI can bring to enterprises, and prerequisites needed for AI adoption.
Excerpt from Speedinvest Industrial Tech Talk 2021: Andrew Bright Talks About the Role of Corporates in Industrial Tech
WCP Managing Director Andrew Bright speaks at this year’s Speedinvest Industrial Tech Talk 2021, on the topic of: The Role of Corporates in Industrial Tech. The following video is an excerpt from the two-hour long talk, focusing on Andrew’s session.
The Future of Cybersecurity in Healthcare
In this webinar, we are joined by a panel of senior executives from Stryker, Palo Alto Networks, and Online Business Systems to discuss Cybersecurity in Healthcare. Each will be sharing their perspectives and insights on security challenges and solutions specific to healthcare and practical steps to integrate an appropriate level of security in daily workflows.
- Amit Mahadik – Senior Director of R&D, Global Software, Stryker
- Steve Levinson – Vice President of Risk, Security, and Privacy, Online Business Systems
- Xu Zou – Vice President of Network Security, Palo Alto Networks
- Nishant Jadhav – Managing Director, Woodside Capital Partners
- Sam Sirell – Associate, Woodside Capital Partners
You can read the presentation here.
Rudy Burger and Andrew Bright talk about Computer Vision and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
WCP Managing Partner Rudy Burger and Managing Director Andrew Bright share their thoughts on what’s happening in their respective industries and the possible trajectories that these industries might take.
In this video, Rudy discusses Computer Vision:
- The application of AI and other factors that contributed to computer vision breaking out as an industry.
- Which other sectors where computer vision has made significant developments in.
- The impact of mainstream computer vision adoption on privacy.
- A comparison of venture capital funding for computer vision startups then and now.
- Thoughts on recent exits in the computer vision industry and on the future.
And Andrew discusses the Industrial Internet of Things(IIOT):
- What digital transformation means in relation to IIOT.
- Current concerns that might be holding back the growth of the sector.
- Advice for IIOT startups.
- Considerations between acquiring an IIOT company versus licensing their technology.
Embedded Vision: “Where’s The Money?” – presented by Rudy Burger at the 2020 Embedded Vision Summit
WCP is pleased to share Managing Partner Rudy Burger’s presentation, “Embedded Vision: Where’s The Money?”
The presentation covered:
- Embedded Vision and Visual AI Industry Map
- Computer Vision Market Growth Forecasts
- Segment and Industry Trends, Statistics
- Company and Investor Profiles
- Industry M&A Activities
You can read the presentation slides here, or watch the video below.
The 2-Minute M&A Advisor
WCP is pleased to sponsor our new video series, The 2-Minute Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Advisor, hosted by our very own Kelly Porter, who is one of the industry’s top investment bankers.
Kelly, who is Partner, Managing Director and Co-Lead of Software and Internet Services, advises software and internet services companies on M&A and strategic financing transactions. He has participated in dozens of transactions, including financings, acquisitions and IPO’s. He is also the organizer of MASiV: The M&A Silicon Valley Gathering, the most exclusive conference of top corporate development executives from the largest internet, software, mobile, technology and entertainment companies.
WCP’s video series is created for emerging growth CEO’s, Board Members, and others who are interested in preparing companies for liquidity events that optimize returns.