Palo Alto – February 1, 2023 – Woodside Capital Partners Managing Director Andrew Bright is interviewed by Verve Ventures in their article titled STARTUPS STILL GET SOLD IN A DOWNTURN. Andrew explains in this interview what founders can do to maximize their chances of a successful exit, what they should avoid, and why the number of exits remains relatively stable during tough times. Here are some of the interview questions:
- What makes a high-tech startup a worthwhile acquisition target?
- What makes a startup unsellable or difficult to sell?
- Verve tries to establish connections between founders and M&A professionals early on, as a way to increase the chances of successful exits. But what do you think is the right time for a first discussion?
- …how to make potential buyers aware of your existence?
- But in more general terms, what should one look for in an M&A advisory firm?
- The tactics of negotiation will differ a lot from one case to another, but is there a commonality worth mentioning?
- What about the macroeconomic environment and its impact on the transactions you specialize in? Is now a tough time to sell a company?
If you want to see Andrew’s responses, you may read their full article at https://www.verve.vc/blog/startups-still-get-sold-in-a-downturn/.