Palo Alto – February 19, 2023 – Woodside Capital Partners is pleased to share our Tech M&A February 2023 Newsletter, covering the following, and more.
- We believe that favoring cost-cutting and financial engineering over making serious investments is the wrong approach.
- Other economic indicators such as corporate profits, cash on hand, and unemployment paint a favorable picture.
- We expect 2023 to be a healthy year in M&A – in volume of transactions, if not in cash transacted.
- EOs, CFOs, and Directors need to get comfortable with taking risk and experiencing a certain extent of loss in exchange for the promise of significant future growth.
- Although “global uncertainty” is the buzz phrase of the moment, the best corporate leaders will look past market anxiety and build their companies into new markets via acquisition. 2023 is expected to produce a virtuous combination for strategic acquirers that will include an avalanche of prospective targets combined with more affordable equity pricing.